Protein, Cell, and Tissue Dynamics
- Laboratory equipment booking system allows students to reserve equipment for academic use
- All pages and content are maintained by lab members, without the need for a webmaster to make content changes
- Private forums allow students to collaborate easily
- Lab Protocol documents were moved from Microsoft Word documents to online pages allowing easy search and printing
- Video and image galleries supporting a wide variety of image and video formats
This web site was built for a biology laboratory group at the University of Guelph. Primary goals included the ability to update the site content easily, as well as the centralization of laboratory documentation. The implementation of an internal Protocols section allowed users to easily find protocols, as well as enabled sharing of common protocols between professors. Equipment booking functionality was written as a new feature, and is available as the Resource Conflict module for Drupal under the GPL.