CSA Online: Community Building with User Generated Content
- Event publishing with iCal for syncing to computers and mobile devices
- Integrated job posting management system
- Built-in integration with external news sources
- Centralized, secure authentication against the University of Guelph Central Login System
- Easy content management for CSA staff members
CSA Online was managed under contract for a period of 1 year. The previous incarnation of the website was based on static HTML and server-side includes; this allowed the website coordinator (and the website coordinator only) to easily update the content on the website. Some changes, such as modifying the footer, or the structural layout of the site, would require significant changes, and likewise would incur a significant risk. It was determined that in order to efficiently manage the site and the constant updates to content that a Content Management System would be appropriate.